Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Binky

Binky
by Leslie Patricelli


What it's about:
This silly board book is a story about a baby who lost his binky. The baby looks in all the usual hiding places, and even asks his pet fishy, doggy, and mommy to help. Eventually, Daddy and the baby find the binky in his crib - just where he likes it best.

Why we like it:
My son loves his binkies. He sleeps with four of them at a time (a strange habit, I know) and would like to have them all day long. Much to his chagrin, he is only allowed to have his binkies when he goes to sleep. I like this book because it reinforces the message that the binky is for sleeping in a playful and non-preachy way. My son likes the repetitive phrasing and the simple, brightly colored pictures. He also loves to point out the lost binky in the crib at the end of the story.

Suggested Age Range:
We checked out this book from the library when my son was about one year old. However, I think it would have been appropriate several months earlier - possibly when he was as young as 6 months. He loved the book at one year, and we just checked it out again at 17 months. He still loves it. I think we will enjoy this story until my son says goodbye to his binkies, which is hopefully reasonably soon!

Additional Details:
Copyright 2005
Candlewick Press
ISBN 0-7636-2364-4
$6.99

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say hello